The Wyss Foundation, a private charitable foundation dedicated to land conservation in the InterMountain west, is accepting proposals for its 2011 fellowship program.
Nonprofit organizations working on land conservation issues in eastern Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico are encouraged to apply to host a fellow.
The two-year fellowship program is designed to provide training and campaign experience for future conservation leaders. Sponsoring organizations contribute staff time to mentor and monitor the fellow's work and cover overhead expenses as well as 20 percent of the fellow's salary and benefits. The Wyss Foundation will provide host organizations with a grant for project expenses and travel as well as the remaining 80 percent of the fellow's salary and benefits.
Host organizations are responsible for selecting and hiring the fellow in consultation with foundation staff. Current employees of the sponsoring organization are not eligible for the program.
Visit the Wyss Foundation Web site for complete program information and application instructions